Peterborough City Council (hereafter referred to as the "Council") provides a collection of online resources, (collectively referred to hereafter as "the Service") subject to the following Terms of Service ("Terms"), which may be updated by the Council at any time and without prior notification.
By using the Service in any way, you are agreeing to comply with these Terms. Should you object to any term or condition of these Terms, any guidelines, or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the Service in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Service.
You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, ratings, or other materials ("Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Service.
You understand that the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of the Council. The Council makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Links are provided purely for your convenience and do not imply that we endorse or support these organisations, the information on their pages, or their products and services in any way. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk. Under no circumstances will the Council be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge that the Council shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Service, for violating the letter or spirit of the Terms or for any other reason.
We, the Council, reserve the right to modify or terminate all or any portion of the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
We reserve the right to alter these Terms at any time.
We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms.
We do not represent or warrant that this service is free of inaccuracies, errors, bugs, or interruptions, or are reliable, accurate, complete or otherwise valid. The services are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind. In addition, we expressly disclaim any and all representations and warranties that any events or activities will occur or that any performers will perform or fulfil any stated or implied promises or commitments made. We shall not, under any circumstances, be liable to users for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, users hereby release and waive all claims against the Council, and its partners and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any Content that you submit, post, and display on the Service.
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or harms minors in any way.
- You must not submit Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You must not submit Content that includes non-public personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Council.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any users ("SPAM").
- You must not create or submit intentionally false or misleading information.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must get express authorisation from the Council before you can use any portion of the Service, including any Content for any commercial purpose.
- While the Council prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that the Council cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Service at your own risk.
The Council does not claim ownership of Content that its users post, however, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to the Council an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content.
All other content, including but not limited to, designs, images, logos, names, photos and text remain the copyright property of the Council and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or passed off as the work of another party. Use of any content for any purpose without prior and express written permission from the Council, constitutes an infringement of copyright.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please contact the Council.
You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements to Council email addresses or through the Council computer systems is expressly prohibited by these Terms. Misuse of these systems will result in the involvement of appropriate authorities.
You agree that the Council, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason. You agree not to attempt to use the Service after said termination.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Council, its partners and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of the Terms, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
WE UNDERSTAND THAT OUR USE OF THE COUNCIL SERVICE AND WEBSITE SHALL BE EVIDENCE OF OUR UNDERSTANDING AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED AND DETAILED IN THIS DOCUMENT